Employment – Maintenance Mechanic
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Star Milling Co.
Location: Perris, CA 92570
Salary: $18/hr. to $29/hr. depending on experience.
Job type: Full-time/Hourly plus possible overtime
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE MACHANIC for Feed Mill on 3rd shift, 10PM-6:30AM
Job Purpose:Assigned to Mill area to perform tasks which provide emergency, preventative, and routine maintenance service to machinery and mechanical equipment in mill, physical plant, offices, and surrounding buildings.
Duties & Responsabilities:
- Receives work direction from Maintenance Supervisor or other designated leader.
- Provides emergency repair maintenance service as needed to minimize downtime.
- Provides preventative (scheduled) repair maintenance service based on manufacturer's recommendations, equipment specifications or good manufacturing practices.
- Provides routine (unscheduled) maintenance service with general to limited supervision (depending on expertise). Typically, such specialties could involve some of the following: mechanical repair, HVAC, fabrication, plumbing & electrical a must. The job includes some of the following tasks: Examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble; dismantling or partly dismantling machines; and making adjustments to rollers, dies, air compressors (via hand tools), bucket elevators, bearings, electrical and reassembling machines, equipment, and making all adjustments for operators.
- Performs other required duties as needed in addition to the essential duties and responsibilities described above.
- Must be experienced in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic repairs & troubleshooting, fabrication, and fork-lift certified.
- Must have experience in manufacturing, industrial maintenance, or Feed Mill experience.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of maintenance practices, tools, equipment, etc. Which could include: fabrication, welding, cutting, electrical, plumbing, vehicles, etc.
- May be required to move up to 50lbs. and work at high elevations.
- Needs strong ability to read and write to complete necessary maintenance forms, follow OSHA requirements, and sometimes read schematics and schedules.
- Also needs ability to use basic shop math.
- Needs to work quickly, independently, and efficiently under pressure.
**Required to work 6am to 2:30pm, Mon-Fri, for 90 days to train before moving to 3rd shift.
~~We offer a very generous benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, & LTD insurance, as well as the opportunity to join our 401k plan with an Employer Match up to 4% of wages.
Applications available to fill out on-site only in main lobby at 24067 Water St, Perris, CA 92570. We are open Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm.
Our new-hire package also includes a drug screen and physical prior to start date.