Dr. Bray’s Corner
All About Equine Care
About Dr. Bray
Where to Buy
The crease down the back is obvious. Patchy fat will appear over the ribs. The fat around the tailhead is bulging; fat along the withers, behind the shoulders, and along the neck are also obvious. Fat is along the inner thighs (aka twist area) and may appear to rub together; the flank area is also filled with fat. Rump is apple shape Rump is round and apple shape.
- Patchy fat can be seen over the ribs, neck, behind the shoulder and the flank area is also filled with fat.
- Noticeable thickening of the neck; “fat ripples“ are wider.
- Crease down the back is obvious.
- The fat around the tailhead is bulging.
- Rump is apple shape.
- Note the ripple effect of the fat in areas of the horse’s body.